Socktoberfest socks complete

Monday, October 23, 2006

Well... I finally decided to finish the toe of my sock yesterday afternoon. I did start the skirt, but got frustrated because there is a mistake at the beginning of the pattern. They fail to tell you to do 4 rows of garter stitch! Anyhow, it was a good thing, because I LOVE THESE SOCKS! I could hardly wait to put them on and wear them, which I did to our weekly Sunday night dinner with the inlaws.



This is my husbands idea of an "action shot" Good job honey!


Two more just because I think they are so great poping out of the top of these great boots. I saw these boots a couple of years ago in the VOGUE Knitting Holiday 2004, and was on a total quest to find them. I did, and can't tell you how much I love them too! I know mom, all of that knitting and I have them hiding under the boot. But remember I always know "what lies beneath"!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. hey leslie -

    couldn't find your e-mail address to reply to your comment, so thought I'd take this route.

    The rowanspun jacket is of my own devices. I've had the pattern in mind for some time now, but have finally gotten around to making it happen. We'll see how it all shapes up.

    Thanks!
    -Jared

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/23/2006

    I totally love these socks, they look fantastic - the perfect length for cold winter days, and the colors rock big time! Fantastic action shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/23/2006

    Fun Socks. Wonder how cute the rest of you looks. Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't mind the mistake, the sock looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10/24/2006

    I agree with dipsy d. Don't worry about the skirt. You should make more socks! They are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yowza Les those are some sexy soxs!
    cheers,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10/27/2006

    SOX R SOOOOOOO CUTE. WHAT KIND OF BOOTS ARE YOU WEARING?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10/27/2006

    Love the socks and the boots. I had boots almost exactly like those in the 70s. Guess that makes me old. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10/31/2006

    too too cute. I want to be just like you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10/31/2006

    Are those your legs or your daughter's legs? Love the socks and very cool boots. :-}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11/01/2006

    Who is teasing me? Those are my legs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11/18/2009

    I love these socks - what pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Broker Forex Net Is A Perfect Place To Discover The News Of Great Brokers In The Industry. Along With Our Review Of Popular Broker Sites, You Can Also Find Useful Articles That Will Help You Learn More About Trading And Try Out Some Strategies On Your Own. Many Informative Video Tutorials Are Also Included.

    ReplyDelete