and she calls him "frankie"

Friday, November 03, 2006

Meet Frankie

My daughter turned 9 today (oh my gosh). She LOVES monkeys. She was so thrilled with this little guy! I found the pattern on Monday and immediately wanted to begin. Since my lys was closed, I had to use yarn from my stash! I HATE using my stash yarn. I am definately the type that wants to use what the pattern calls for and/or buy new yarn. I don't know, knitting with yarn I have already knit with to me is just not much fun. Most of the time I was thinking "this is going to be the ugliest monkey ever! However, I am pretty pleased with the result. Especially after her reaction. I did run out of yarn on Wednesday and had to have my sweet sister overnight yarn from her stash to me! Thanks a million, shell!

This is what the "birthday girl" woke up to

and this was "frankie" yesterday at 4pm. Ahhhh! I was just so happy to have gotten it made on time. Now I am off for a weekend long birthday celebration!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Anonymous11/03/2006

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/03/2006

    Bob did not say that. Bob said "I am blessed by The Lord that you are my wife and mother of my children."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11/03/2006

    You are the best mother in the world. Your daughter is so lucky.
    Happy birthday to her. Frankie is sooooo cute. (love the name too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11/05/2006

    Wow! You must knit really fast. How long have you been knitting? I just started and seem to be all thumbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/10/2006

    Love that monkey! (I have a thing for elephants and monkeys!) It's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I write a case study about it. Thank you re-publishing this list or otherwise would have missed it. My wife teaches, and I am afraid this list is too accurate, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete