quick knit

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I am traveling to Vail to celebrate a friend's birthday. I was discussing what kind of a gift to get her with my sister, Lisa. This is the friend that has everything, very hard to buy for. Lisa suggested making her something. Make her something? I am going there on the 11th! Yes, the eleventh of this month! I then recalled seeing a cute sweater that Cristina made for her very lovely sister. It is the Camellia, and she had mentioned that it was a very quick Knit. So, with the help of Cristina (thank you, Cristina) I was able to get in touch with GlampyreKnits and get the pattern. I started last night, and this is what I completed.

Hmmm...I wasn't sure on the sizing chart. I had this yarn in my stash, love it, and really wanted to use it. However, I only had 375 yards. Do I really think that this will fit? This is the front and the sleeve. See how small next to that apple?
Unless I block the you know what out of it! I guess I will forge on and if it doesn't fit I can give it to Lisa (she is teeny tiny!) and shop for something on the 10th!

(what is this about?)?href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgGAshwZHFF1u2SApC50x0CaJTeia-GcoO6RhZ8_RNlCtWPPYDRwOKvmmHCJEEYYkfHF8lhsZppl3n6eVokDgOxlwTLSca_Qcr9EZGtfV5d5uZjMRuSN3EEeLMACPwgD53Mqvwaew/s1600-h/libby+knitting.jpg">
This is what Libby and I did most of last week. Sat around in our jammies(hers where made by her BeBe) and Knit. Libby is making a sweater. I wonder how long this will take her?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love that Glampyre design! And on size 11 needles, it'll practically knit itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/03/2007

    i'm glad you were able to get it!! yours is coming along swimingly - LOVE the color!! cant wait to see the finished sweater....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/05/2007

    Very nice! My dd doesn't have the patience to sit and knit with me yet, but my ds does. They do have scarves on the needles though! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/06/2007

    I didn't know you had another sister. You have never mentioned her before. She, and perhaps your other siblings, must not be as close to you as your other sister. Maybe, though, she/they are not as creative as the other. The gift is a fabulous idea and just adore the sticker and coat.

    ReplyDelete