what is inside?

Wednesday, January 31, 2007


It is a day in a women's life that she never forgets. I think every woman probably remembers where they were and what they were doing when they got "it".
My friends daughter recently became a woman and I wanted to get her something for her "special" day. Her big dilemma is where to keep them when she goes to school. (My socks always worked well). I thought a makeup bag, but this girl doesn't wear a stitch of makeup. I then thought that perhaps I could knit her something to store them in. Hmmmm, no, a little hokey for a 13 year old. I needed to come up with something that could be thrown into her backpack that could be disguised for something else. So, this is what I settled on. If someone sees it they would think it is an eyeglass case. However, peek inside and you will see it is a little more:

I found the flower (yo-yo)tutorial on Heathers blog, and can be found here. I thought it added a little youthfulness.

And the chocolate, well I'm sure that she will have a craving soon!
Now, maybe I should come up with a pattern to knit one. :)

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Anonymous1/31/2007

    That is a great idea!! Much better than the 'jam them into your pencil case' system I used. Did keep boys from stealing my pens though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a great idea! I just threw tampons in my back pack... How disorderly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Thinking! I'll have to keep that idea in mind for when my daughter gets "it" =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/31/2007

    aren't you a sweet friend?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea! Looks really pretty & yet so practical! Now let's hope that none of her friends find your blog and recognize "the eyeglasses case"
    He!He! I need one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2/01/2007

    Oh - what a really, really fantastic idea this is! I wish my Mom would have come up with something similar back then - I just carried that stuff around in my backpack, and it felt odd, very odd!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant idea. Maybe if I make one for myself I'll remember the idea when Lola gets her period. Ha! Not likely. But I can still hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2/02/2007

    That is really sweet and thoughtful and mainly cool - essential adjective for any teenager's posessions! I would have loved something like this when I was at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2/04/2007

    How sweet! She will be so gappy to receive this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is totally cute and the way you packaged it all together, she will love it!

    ReplyDelete