yarmulke

Friday, February 09, 2007

My wonderful friend Michelle always has such great ideas. Her son has a bar mitzvah to attend, and she thought a hand knit yarmulke would make a "lovely little gift". So, she commissioned me to make one.


model: Charlie


This took such a small amount of yarn, that I am sure everyone has stash yarn to use for this project.
Please excuse my ignorance, but how will this stay on a 13 year old? Should I include Bobbi pins in the packaging or are there special clips one would use? Any help here would be greatly appreciated. :)


Here is the skinny on this "lovely little bar mitzvah gift"
Pattern: Greetings from Knit Cafe (be sure to check the pattern corrections)
Yarn: Koigu
Size 3 needles
Have a great weekend everybody!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Anonymous2/09/2007

    Very sweet! I have no idea how they stay on - sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe with a small hair comb, sewn to the interior?

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.K. so it is like this:
    1) Some people like bobby pins.
    2) Some (like me) use clips.
    3) Others attach the loopy (hard) part of velcro to the inside so that it "catches" the hair and stays on.
    I'm sure there are other methods, but those are the ones I know!

    Some don't use anything at all, however, their yarmulkes usually fall off! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They stay on best with clips. Bobby pins tend to get loose and fall out.

    The clips you can get at the dollar store, they like snap together, and open like an alligator's mouth (if you can picture what I'm talking about).

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps - if you dont know which clips we're referring to - I can find an image (or take a picture of one) and send it to you.... if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its cute! hair clips will hold it best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2/10/2007

    Personally...my favorite part is the tag. You have such great ideas!!!!

    Love, Your "other" sister

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2/10/2007

    Nice job, but I also love the tag. How did you print it? Surely, you didn't write thatso perfectly?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2/12/2007

    Oh, this is absolutely fantastic - what a quick and great knit it seems to be! But sorry, I'm afraid I'm of no help here when it comes to how it's gonna stay on - I'd say bobby pins though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well done! Looks great and loved the yarn choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a friend who is quite ill and he has asked me to knit a yarmulke for him. Most patterns are for crochet. This is awesome. Would it be possible to purchase the pattern?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2/27/2013

    what i do with regular hat is put elastic around the edges i dont know if itll work with this

    ReplyDelete