happy feet, happy mom

Monday, March 05, 2007

I finally finished the socks for the boys. They love them. I actually think that they have had them on since Saturday, and Charlie wore his to school today. I tried to convince them that I should wash them today, but when Charlie insisted that he wear them again, I figured, why not?
I promise I will wash them tonight!
I did a basic pattern, casting on 52 stitches. And because Andrews legs are a little more muscular than Charlie's, I made them both the same size. However, they are actually a little big around his leg. He doesn't seem to mind the slouchy look. The yarn is Cerrillos Mine by Scout, and it was wonderful to work with. Loved the pattern of the stripes.
I'll leave you with a picture of where I stayed Friday night. These were old horse stables built in 1912, that were converted into cottages. My friends in-laws own one, and since it is only 1 1/2 hours from our homes, we decided to make a girls trip out of it. There were four of us, and we had an amazing time. We drank delicious wine::exchanged party favors(gifts)::enjoyed take out from our favorite restaurant::danced and sang like rock stars::had conversations that solved all of the worlds problems::drank more delicious wine::laughed until our stomachs and faces hurt::drank more wine::took a midnight walk::laughed and drank more::slept in::drank lots of coffee::enjoyed fresh fruit and zucchini bread::took an amazing hike::noticed the small pleasures that usually go unnoticed::indulged in burnt almond torte from our favorite bakery::drove home chatting happily! Combined we have 13 children, so it was just what we needed to refuel our engines!

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. They are great!!! I love how they striped.

    And girl's night is so important, especially to moms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that sounds like a phenomenal weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice, it's good to have great frineds like that. sounds like you had a good time.

    love the socks. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/05/2007

    Sounds like a decadent weekend!
    The socks look great and are obviously a huge hit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what a great sounding weekend!! The socks look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great socks. I just might have to grab some of that Cerrillos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3/05/2007

    sounds like a glorious weekend! nice socks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colour of those socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3/05/2007

    Love those socks (and apparently so do your boys!)

    How fun! I love old houses like that. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute socks and sounds like you had a great girls' night out. Batteries all re-charged and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great weekend! Those socks are wonderful! I love variegated yarn that doesn't pool like crazy. I can never trust myself to find/buy this kind of yarn so I'm always glad to see some in action!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful weekend! And how cute are the boys in their matching socks... that would never have flown in my family! Even though they look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3/06/2007

    These socks are absolutely adorable - I certainly can't blame the boys for not wanting to take them off! Very beautiful colours, and thew striping looks great!
    And my gosh, this cottage is *so* awesome! I'd give a lot, a big lot, to be there right now, that pic really oozes the atmosphere of the whole place, and what you wrote about the time spent there sounds absolutely and perfectly relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the socks! and the photos of them :) They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous3/07/2007

    The socks are ADORABLE! And GADS- that place you stayed...I'm soo royally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like you had an amazing time with your friends! Everyone needs a night like that from time to time.

    The boys socks look great! My girls are the same way with hand knit socks. I can't get them off their feet. It does make it difficult to wash them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The socks are great!! the colors are really fun too.
    Glad you had an awesome little getaway with the girls!

    ReplyDelete