anhinga

Saturday, September 15, 2012

I had to look back through my archives to see when I last finished a sweater.  November.  Last November.  Holy cow.  
I was happy to be working on an interesting, stockinette stitch, pattern, with just enough "change it up" to keep my mind busy.  I love how the center insert highlights the intersecting pieces.  The visible seam was a challenge for me as my mother has taught me how to hide the seams so well.  A trip to the yarn store was actually required for teaching me how to show my seams! 
 
A super straightforward back piece and two sleeves with exactly the same number of rows (ha! thanks to working both sleeves at the same time).  
I am mostly a cardigan knitter, but can't tell you how much I adore the "wear" of this sweater.  The "flowy" front makes it fun and easy on the body. 
It was not my first time for a Berroco, Norah Gaughgan pattern (which I love) but was my first go around with Amy Butler yarn.  100% organic wool/cotton blend.  It is super soft and I think I could actually wear this sweater all year depending on that summer day.  I thought it gave the perfect drape for this pattern.

Pattern:  anhinga
Yarn:  10 balls Rowan by amy butler belle organic aran  color 212
Needles: size 8
Size:  34"

I wanted to let you know that Jimmy Beans Wool is carrying a limited edition of Denise2go's newest set of interchangeable knitting tools.  This special line will feature eight designs of the Denise2Go released monthly over a six-month span (through February '13).  There are only 46 sets of the "roll back to school" edition available.

And one more thing.  I don't really have a recipe for my veggie chili.  I just take every veggie I have in the fridge and saute them in olive oil.  (This time I had, onion, mushroom, zucchini, eggplant!, green and red pepper and celery.  Then I toss in a couple cans of any beans, one can of corn, and 1-2 cans of crushed tomatoes along with a teaspoon of chili powder.  Let that simmer for a bit, then spoon a big ladle into a bowl and top it with cheese (i love cheddar) sour cream, diced red onions and avocado.  Serve with tostito chips.

Enjoy your weekend!

You Might Also Like

31 comments

  1. This sweater is beautiful. So cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sweater-it is gorgeous on you! Your sweaters are always so inspiring- I love seeing what you've completed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I can never get over the perfect fit you achieve every time with your handknits - bravo!! I was also wondering how much of a bear that sweater was to block :)
    I love Norah's patterns, too - they are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! What a great knit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9/15/2012

    it looks great! enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, that's a pretty one, Leslie! I've never known any else who puts corn in their chili - that's awesome! Actually, I use hominy, but still, same (-ish) thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love/hate mine because I chose a terrible nylon yarn. :P Yours looks just how I dreamed mine would be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sweater looks wonderful and sounds like a dream to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a really cute sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look lovely!

    Thanks for sharing the how to on the chili. I love that it's such a loose recipe. Yummmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sweater is beautiful and it looks great! You have quite a knack for knitting sweaters; mine have not turned out nearly as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this pattern and bought the book just for this. Your pretty sweater has inspired me. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Try it with hominy in place of corn. Much more fun!

    Anina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job! I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9/16/2012

    Gorgeous, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maureen9/16/2012

    Perfection...as usual! It's stunning - the pattern, the color, and the fit! You look gorgeous! Any tips on achieving such a fabulous fit with each and every sweater you knit?

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful sweater! I love the "flowy" look of the front. I'm usually a cardi knitter, too, but that pattern really speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Meghan9/17/2012

    You are a whiz at beautiful sweaters. So glad to see you sharing again. It's always nice to see what loveley things you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the sweater! The aran weight isn't too heavy? And my mouth is watering----that veggie chili is on the to-make list this week. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's a beautiful sweater! Simple without nice drape!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE. It came out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is an awesome sweater! What a fun pattern. Looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous9/18/2012

    It came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  25. it's so pretty, leslie. i love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice article, thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful sweater! Looks so pretty on you. :-)

    (were you able to find the picture on facebook of your chalk placemat in use?)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous9/21/2012

    What a great sweater! Very interesting shaping!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous9/21/2012

    great shaped sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Try give some tide straight at the bottom front of that sweater, but other than that, it's gorgeous, though!

    ReplyDelete