easy striped cowl

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Well, I had to do a little bribing to get Charlie to model the easy striped cowl.  
I was looking for a quick cowl pattern that would suit a male and this is what I found. (Charlie doesn't think men should wear cowls.  I, personally, LOVE a man wearing anything hand knit!)  I had stash yarn from this sweater and this sweater and decided to combine the two.  
I ran the opposite color through each row and thought that perhaps it can be worn the opposite way as well.  A reversible cowl?  Even better.

Pattern:  Easy striped Cowl.
Yarn:  Berroco Peruvia Quick
Time:  Quick!  Love it!

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Nice! I've been wanting to knit a cowl for my husband. This is another I found inspiring: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/37928821835768758/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever you...a two-sided cowl is a wonderful idea.

    You are indeed a friend to knit with. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen1/15/2014

    I love this, Leslie! I made the "Burberry cowl" for my husband a couple of years ago...he loves it but I don't think it looks very masculine. This is truly unisex - thanks so much for sharing! I can always count on you for knitting inspiration! Happy knitting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty ... I love how it's 2 sided. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1/16/2014

    Love the cowl, but agree with Charlie on this one! ; )) lol BTW~SOOOO happy to see you posting a little more! ~Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made several of these for gifts two years ago;
    they were very well received

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fabulous, and so nice and warm and cozy for your climate. I live in Australia, and it is just too warm here, even in winter, for something so luxuriously warm. I find 8ply is the thickest I can go here. But I do love your cowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great looking cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you about men wearing cowls, they look super smooth!!
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks snugly and perfect whether it be on a man or a woman. I ♥ the label you stitched in. I need some of those...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3/17/2014

    I hope the next man ог woman that browses through thiѕ takes aay and discoverѕ as much as I got іn thee past 15 minutes invested digestiոg this informatioո.
    Really amazing!

    Here is my blog; cheapest dekang e liquid uk

    ReplyDelete