antler

Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Over a month has passed since my last post and I am just getting to this space. I have good reason.   I promise.  And I'll share here soon.  (Hint:  Big, exciting, loving changes!)

But first, I think I'll show you Antler.
Remember when I ripped it out?  It was just a bit toooooo big.  My gauge was completely off.  I could have saved some time if I would have done a gauge.  (Just like every pattern says.)  But in the end, I couldn't be happier.
I love the detail in this sweater.  The side seam in the body and on the arms, the garter stitch details, and the fun of the color blocking.  So many color combinations to choose.  
The yarn is made of linen, baby alpaca and wool.  It's a really perfect combination and perfect for all year wear.  
Antler is knit top down in the round.  One continuous piece with no finishing required. Except for tying in loose ends, of course.   It's such a treat to have a sweater finished when you are finished knitting.  
Pattern:  Antler
Yarn:  Classic Elite Soft Linen  Main color, dove grey #2203 Contrast color, citron #2202
Size:  S
Needle:  US 6 (I used them throughout and did not use US 4 as the pattern instructed. )


You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. Hey Leslie - I love your finished Antler. It was definitely worthwhile ripping it out and starting over (no matter how painful that is) because the results are worth it.


    Oh and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/09/2014

    Yeah, you are back blogging:-)
    The sweater is gorgeous -as usual, I should say- and I'm so happy for you for ... you know :-)))

    Greetings and congrats from Switzerland (remember, the friend you dont know is your friend?)
    Michela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/09/2014

    That piece of Gold is blinding me... Lol!! Figured it out. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sweater! Yours totally makes me want to order yarn to knit one right away! Congratulations on your big news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sweater and the ring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's beautiful! it also makes me kind of want to knit...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, REALLY love this one!! Hey~I see that ring! Exciting things happening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie, your completed Antler is such a lovely, wearable sweater...well worth the agony of unraveling.

    (Just this morning I did some unraveling myself, and am already really glad to have gotten on to a fresh start that looks sooo much better.)

    Missed your posts. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sweater, I love the color pairing! And congratulations...I think I can guess your happy news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both the ring and the sweater suit you well! Mazel tov!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little details of your sweater, great job. It is very flattering on you.

    She Knits in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful and it fits you so well!! I was wondering how this yarn compares to Cascade 220. Do you think the sweater would turn out if I used that instead of Classic Elite? Thanks and congratulations on your "wedding bells".

    Adina

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much love wrapped up in what I see...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maureen9/15/2014

    Love the sweater, but love your beautiful gold ring even more!!! Wishing you much love and happiness...sending hugs and congrats! I truly couldn't be happier for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the details of the sweater and it looks great on you.
    Congratulations! to you and new Mr. Best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, perfect fit for you. This one has been in my queue for a while, love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice sweater
    And really nice left hand :)

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful job on that sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this sweater. Love it. And right now, as my toes are frozen from the first frost of autumn, I would really love to have this sweater on! :) As usual, your knitting is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, I jumped to the ring too! So happy you're so happy! Can't wait to hear more. Love this jumper, desperately wanted to make it myself but I'm just learning short rows and it overwhelmed me. May have to try again.

    ReplyDelete