winter ice cream sandwiches

Friday, January 23, 2015

The chocolate wafer cookies barely met their friend Somoas.  
Delicious by themselves.  
But paired with Somoas ice cream?  Tasted like a little bit of summer on a cold January day.

The yarn in the header is wool-ease.  My sisters and I bought a truck load while in Florida last month.   (Well, mom treated.  She knows the importance of soul soothing.)  Truly, toasty is the only thing that I have been working on.  Combining colors, creating wide stripes.  It's been fun.  I have a couple more combinations I'd like to knit and then I'm on to a sweater.  It's calling my name.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Oh, love that sweater! It's on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could that sweater not be right up your alley? It's you to a T. I can't wait to see it debuted with the sweater spot in the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen1/23/2015

    I have Princess Fiona on my short list as well - isn't she lovely?
    So happy to hear you're knitting again - and am happy to learn that Wool-Ease is a nice yarn to work with since you can't beat the price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbieamy1/24/2015

    I just finished Princess Fiona and I love it. The construction at the beginning was a bit tricky for me, but I just followed the directions and the sweater is lovely. You will enjoy knitting it and love wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your header is terrific. It looks full of cozy yarn. I like how you have sweet treats here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I wish I could reach through the screen and grab one of those cookie sandwiches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes...absolutely need yarn to sooth the soul. I can dig that. lol
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look delicious!! Cookies and ice cream are the perfect mix :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1/25/2015

    Yarn by the truckload? Wow, dream come true. I am now craving an ice cream sandwich - thanks!

    ReplyDelete