it's july!

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Thank you all SO much for all of your kind comments about finding our sweet Trouble.  I honestly can't tell you how much I appreciate each and every one of them.  We are unbelievably grateful that she is home.  I took her for a weight check yesterday and she has gained 3 lbs!  So proud of her!
The last two weeks have been crazy, busy fun.  My mom stayed for a week and then I traveled to Florida with her for the second week.  It was a treat to be able to spend one on one time with her, in her home.  
While there, I started the yoga shawl.  
  A lot of hanging with my mom, knitting, was exactly what my soul needed.  
My mom's beautiful, knitting hands. They have been a constant in my life for as long as I can remember.  What a gift.

A lot to share... I'll be back.

Happy day, friends.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Aw, yay mom time. And double yay for beach time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Score on a beach excursion and good ol' mum knitting away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small world! I'm sitting on a white-sand beach in Alabama knitting the yoga shawl. The Gulf is calm; yarn feels good. Trying to decide whether I like my color enough to continue, though.

    ReplyDelete

  4. 13 years ago this Friday I lost my darling mum, who knitted and baked and loved with hands just like this.

    Beautiful picture: thank you for sharing. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog post warms my heart. I had hoped you would share a headless knitting picture of Mom! I got that and phantom feet to boot. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did your Mom teach you to knit? I love the photos of her and her hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful words and pictures... you inspire, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when a friend was interviewed by a magazine and they asked what part of her body she was most proud of...she said her stomach. I thought about it and said my hands. They comfort, create, cook, soothe, talk (I am Italian), and they look just like my moms. Your photos of your mom's lovely hands speak similar volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beach, knitting and family.....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always lovely to take some time out!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beach knitting is always awesome, and to do it with your mom is even more awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maureen7/03/2015

    You're so lucky to still have your mom...and knitting on the beach is the best! Love your mom's shirt...can you share where it's from, please?

    ReplyDelete
  13. you mum it's such an inspiration! Kisses from portugal ;)

    ReplyDelete