spring break is finally here

Friday, March 27, 2015

Well, in about 1 hour we are headed to the airport.  London here we come!
We have plenty of things on our list.  I'm a little overwhelmed that I won't get to do half of what I want us to do and see. (And then there is my own separate list which includes Liberty London and Wool and the Gang!)
I made Libby and Andrew a little journal this morning.   Well, actually, I printed British Flags and glued them to the front of moleskine journals. I have been trying to use a journal a little more.  So, I thought maybe they could get into a habit of it also.   I added some lines to get them started.  I'm bringing a glue stick and some Japanese tape so that they can add memorabilia to them.  Let's see how that goes for Andrew.  I can just see myself with the glue stick at night.  Ha!
I put my sweater on hold and packed toasty.  Much easier to transport.  I know I mentioned my new thumb technique.  I promise to share when I soon.  Airplane knitting is my f a v o r i t e!
 My sweet neighbor made chocolate chip cookies for us when we moved in and shared the recipe.  Have you ever tried Tate's cookies? Well, if you are a fan of thin and crunchy, you have to try these.  We think they taste just like them!  Packing a few of those in our carry on.  As well as these bars.  

See you soon, friends!

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Anonymous3/27/2015

    Hey, enjoy London, I'm about an hour outside the capital. Sorry, it'll be rainy and blustery tomorrow when you arrive but there is plenty of spring in the air and you'll all have an amazing time - welcome:)
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I be Flat Stanley in your knitting bag, please? I've never been to London and I want to go. I can slip easily in the pages of your cool journal and down the sides of the mason jar where I can get some yummy nibbles for fortitude. Please??? Be safe and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add the Loop to your knitting shops and if you are in to vintage buttons then the Button Queen is the place to see. I wish I had also visited the millinery shop around the corner from the Button Queen, but the pub across the street is wonderful too! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/28/2015

    Yes try and get to Loop - it's near Angel tube station - and is a great shop. Also do as much walking as you can - the sights are much better that way. Hope you have a fantastic trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! I like how you made journals for your kids. You picked the right project for your trip. I don't believe I've tried a buttery, chocolate chip cookie. The look on top is different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy London!! Make sure you visit Loop in Islington, and I-Knit London do some amazing hand dyed yarn (they're near to Waterloo).
    If you get a chance visit Camden Market as well :)
    You'll have such a fabulous time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have an excellent adventure. I think it sounds amazing. No matter what you do and see, just the experience with family will be worth the effort and time. I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Camden Passage (and Loop!!!!!) is so worth the tube ride.....hope you have the very very best time EVER! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tower of London is a must, with the audio. Best ever. V&A museum for inspiration. And really, you can't go wrong with just about anything. London is just a great city. Liberty!!!! Also, we went to Loop and it is a darling yarn store. You will love it. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your travels!! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of making your own journey books!

    Safe trip and have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you!
    Hope you will have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! Hope you have a fantastic time!!

    ReplyDelete